In 1923 a group of Syracuse businessmen and professionals, all of them avid golfers, formed “a club within the means of the average golfer where golf will be of primary importance.” They hired noted golf course architect Seymour Dunn and, with a little help from famed architect Robert Trent Jones, built a club on the gently rolling hills of Marcellus. They named the club Tuscarora, after the fierce Indians who, hundreds of years ago, settled in the fertile lands of Central New York. Today, the goal of the club’s founders lives on. Tuscarora’s friendly members enjoy an impeccably groomed course with tree-lined fairways and small but fast greens at a very modest price.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA